Ingredients for Baked Lentils Recipe
- 1 pint lentils
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 small onions
- 4 whole cloves
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ tablespoon mint
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons summer savory
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Wash the lentils, and soak several hours.
- Cook the lentils with the herbs, onions and cloves tied in a bag, until the water is absorbed, and the lentils are soft but retain their shape.
- Then remove the bag of seasoning, add three tablespoons butter and the salt, and put the lentils into a buttered dish.
- Bake a half hour in the oven.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve.