Ingredients for Baked French Toast
- 1/4 c. butter
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 slices Texas toast
- Vanilla, optional
- Syrup, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- Strawberries, optional
- Place butter in a pan and melt in a 400 degree oven.
- Beat eggs; stir in milk, mixing well. If using vanilla, stir in now.
- Sprinkle half the sugar and cinnamon over the bottom of the pan. Set remaining half aside.
- Dip bread, soaking both sides well.
- Place bread in pan. Sprinkle remaining sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- If desired, serve with syrup, whipped cream, and sliced strawberries.