Ingredients for Baked Donut Recipe
- 1/3 cup scalded milk
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. shortening
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. lemon flavoring
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Let the yeast dissolve in warm water.
- Stir hot milk together with the sugar and shortening.
- Beat the egg into the yeast and gently mix in the lemon flavoring.
- Stir the nutmeg into the flour.
- Alternate adding the milk and flour mixtures into the yeast until all ingredients are used.
- Cover and let double in size.
- Knead and roll out onto a cutting board. Dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with donut or round cookie cutter.
- Place shapes on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.