Ingredients for Baked Beans Recipe 1
- 2 quarts small white beans
- Cold water, enough to cover
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- Pot of boiling water
- Let beans stand in water overnight and rinse.
- Place in saucepan and cover with water again.
- Bring to a boil and drain.
- Place in a baking or casserole dish and add vegetable shortening.
- Stir in chopped onion, mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Fill with hot water to cover the beans, cover the dish, and bake for 5-6 hours on 350 degrees.