Ingredients for Apple Sherbet Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pasteurized egg white
- 5 pounds Granny Smith apples
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine sugar and water into a small saucepan.
- Stir together over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until light and fluffy.
- Cut apples into chunks and be sure to remove the cores.
- Push apple chunks through a juice extractor or purée in a food processor.
- Whisk together the puréed apples, sugar syrup, egg white, and lemon juice.
- Place all ingredients in an ice cream maker and follow the maker's instructions.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- Serve with caramel sauce, if desired.