Ingredients for Apple Fritters Recipe
- 2 medium-sized Granny Smith apples
- 1 recipe fritter batter, below
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Peel apples.
- Core and cut apples into eight slices.
- Stir apples into the batter.
- Fry each batter-covered slice in deep fat according to fryer instructions.
- Drain on brown paper, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve hot.
Use this recipe to create your apple fritter batter.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Beat egg well and add to milk.
- Stir the dry and wet ingredients together until well mixed.