Ingredients for Apple Fritter Donut Recipe
- Several cups of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup apples, chopped and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix together the milk, sugar, egg, and melted butter.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the liquids and blend to a dough.
- Add chopped apples and mix thoroughly.
- Using a cutter, cut out small circular shapes.
- Heat a pot with three inches of oil to a boil.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough into the oil and fry until a golden brown.
- If desired, sprinkle with cinammon when dry.