Ingredients for Anchovy Canapes Recipe 1
- 6 portions prepared bread
- 3 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- Garnish of whole anchovies (may be omitted)
- Anchovies are small fish that are salted and preserved.
- Anchovy paste, which comes in tubes, jars or bottles, may be utilized, or whole anchovies may be reduced to a smooth paste with a wooden spoon.
- Season with lemon juice and spread the paste on the prepared pieces of bread.
- Split two anchovies lengthwise and lay them diagonally across the canape, marking the point where they cross by a little pyramid of riced yolk of hard-cooked eggs.
- Petal-shaped pieces of the hard-cooked egg white may radiate from the center pyramid.
- The anchovies may be omitted in the decoration.
- A large anchovy curved around a circle of hard-cooked egg in the center of a canape is also effective.