Ingredients for Almond And Celery Soup Recipe
- 1 bunch of celery, using the leaves and root after it is carefully scraped
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of onion juice
- 1 thin slice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Stick of cinnamon
- 1 quart of water
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 teaspoon each of flour and butter blended together
- 1/4 cup of blanched almonds, pounded to a paste
- Cut celery in small pieces.
- Add peppercorns, bay leaves, onion juice, lemon, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cover with the water and cook one hour.
- Strain and again reheat, stirring in the cream, flour and butter mixture, and blanched almonds.
- Boil for a moment or two after the nuts are added.
- Serve very hot with cheese crackers.